Added on: Notice: Smarty error: ordinal modifier: Parameter provided is not a number in /var/www/vhosts/towntalk.co.uk/httpdocs/subdomains/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1075
Local Uxbridge Uni, Brunel University are truly leading the way when it comes to giving back to the community, implementing change and offering support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• They are 3D-printing protective face visors for frontline NHS staff. Brunel staff and students are volunteering at a 200-machine printing farm for Guys and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
• Their physiotherapy lecturers and graduates are on the NHS front line.
• They have donated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to services in need and have given aprons to Hillingdon Hospital and masks to the Metropolitan Police.
• They are providing access to the Brunel campus for key workers from the NHS and their student accommodation and parking is available to those working at Hillingdon Hospital.
• They are prototyping 3D-printed adaptors to repurpose home-standard ventilators, this project with Royal Brompton Hospital aims to make kit hit critical care ward standards.
• They are providing modelling, simulation and compute resources for fighting Covid-19. The Brunel grid computing experts are part of GridPP's Rapid Assistance in Modelling the Pandemic (RAMP) taskforce.
• Lecturers are running webinars on Covid-19 and its effect on the economy and society. Topics cover the use of technology for public health, consumer rights and scams, and much more.
• Brunel staff who are Army, Royal Navy and RAF Reservists have joined community efforts.
For more information and to see what our AMAZING local University is doing visit: https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/coronavirus-information-for-the-brunel-community/we-are-brunel