Added on: 21st April, 2020 by Kira_50215
Local Uxbridge Uni, Brunel University are truly leading the way when it comes to giving back to the community, implementing change and offering support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• They are 3D-printing protective face visors for frontline NHS staff. Brunel staff and students are volunteering at a 200-machine printing farm for Guys and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
• Their physiotherapy lecturers and graduates are on the NHS front line.
• They have donated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to services in need and have given aprons to Hillingdon Hospital and masks to the Metropolitan Police.
• They are providing access to the Brunel campus for key workers from the NHS and their student accommodation and parking is available to those working at Hillingdon Hospital.
• They are prototyping 3D-printed adaptors to repurpose home-standard ventilators, this project with Royal Brompton Hospital aims to make kit hit critical care ward standards.
• They are providing modelling, simulation and compute resources for fighting Covid-19. The Brunel grid computing experts are part of GridPP's Rapid Assistance in Modelling the Pandemic (RAMP) taskforce.
• Lecturers are running webinars on Covid-19 and its effect on the economy and society. Topics cover the use of technology for public health, consumer rights and scams, and much more.
• Brunel staff who are Army, Royal Navy and RAF Reservists have joined community efforts.
For more information and to see what our AMAZING local University is doing visit: https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/coronavirus-information-for-the-brunel-community/we-are-brunel